Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sammy <pi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/27 00:57:35 UTC

Ideal File Placement

Hello,

In a multi-module maven project, a webapp module has java, resources
and WEB-INF folders. In which folder should jsp, css, web.xml, spring
XML configurations and other files go?

--
Thank you,
Sammy

Re: Ideal File Placement

Posted by Sammy <pi...@gmail.com>.
On 2009-03-27 01:57:35 +0200, Sammy <pi...@gmail.com> said:

> Hello,
>
> In a multi-module maven project, a webapp module has java, resources
> and WEB-INF folders. In which folder should jsp, css, web.xml, spring
> XML configurations and other files go?

Thank you everyone; yes it's a WAR file, so this answers my question.

--
Thank you,
Sammy

Re: Ideal File Placement

Posted by Rusty Wright <ru...@gmail.com>.
For a tomcat app I put them in

 src/main/webapp/WEB-INF (web.xml and spring config)
 src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/views (with spring's view resolver configured to use this)
 src/main/webapp/images
 src/main/webapp/css

Whatever is in

 src/main/resources

will end up in

 tomcat/webapps/<myWebApp>/WEB-INF/classes

which puts it on the classpath.

Re: Ideal File Placement

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Sammy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In a multi-module maven project, a webapp module has java, resources and
> WEB-INF folders. In which folder should jsp, css, web.xml, spring XML
> configurations and other files go?

In a war module, src/main/webapp usually contains:

WEB-INF
jsp
css
images
index.html

RE: Ideal File Placement

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
are you building a war or an ear
if ear which AppServer will you deploy to?

?
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can not accept any liability for the content provided.

> To: users@maven.apache.org
> From: picosam@gmail.com
> Subject: Ideal File Placement
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:57:35 +0200
>
> Hello,
>
> In a multi-module maven project, a webapp module has java, resources
> and WEB-INF folders. In which folder should jsp, css, web.xml, spring
> XML configurations and other files go?
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Sammy

Internet Explorer 8 – Get your Hotmail Accelerated.  Download free!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/141323790/direct/01/