Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Zexuan Luo <sp...@apache.org> on 2020/10/31 04:39:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] Support include other Nginx config

GH issue: https://github.com/apache/apisix/issues/2565

I think we can introduce several conf snippets in the config.yaml file.
Just like ingress-nginx's snippet feature:
https://kubernetes.github.io/ingress-nginx/user-guide/nginx-configuration/annotations/#configuration-snippet

The kind of snippets we can support:
main_conf
admin_conf # inject into http -> admin server block
stream_conf
http_conf
http_server_conf

Of course, we can't guarantee the user inject configuration doesn't
conflict with our template code. It is up to the user to handle this.

What's your opinion on this?

Re: [DISCUSS] Support include other Nginx config

Posted by Zexuan Luo <sp...@apache.org>.
We need to require user to provide their snippets, just like their other
configurations.

Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> 于2020年10月31日周六 下午3:24写道:

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 3:24 PM Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have a concern: if these nginx snippets conflict with Apache APISIX
> plugins, how can we find it out or debug?
> others looks good to me.

I also have this concern.

It will make troubleshooting more difficult.

--

*MembPhis*
My GitHub: https://github.com/membphis

Re: [DISCUSS] Support include other Nginx config

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.