Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/03 08:36:05 UTC

[OT] AMP

I just learned about AMP.[1]

It has a library and adds restrictions to web pages to ensure that load times are as quick as possible. There are some interesting concepts that they are using. We can likely adopt some of those ideas.

Harbs

[1]https://www.ampproject.org/ <https://www.ampproject.org/>

Re: [OT] AMP

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
AMP is also very limiting.

I have a feeling that Royale has some loading advantages because there’s very little actual HTML for the browser to evaluate and (re)render, but it would be interesting to do some measuring.

I don’t know that I would actually propose to use the amp library, but the best practice that it has to require setting width and height as well as a responsive attribute is interesting.

Re: [OT] AMP

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Harbs,