Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pani R <pa...@lycos.com> on 2004/01/30 18:49:31 UTC

Validator Framework - problem using Mask

Hi:

I get the following exception while validating the mask part of a field.

Exception:

[ERROR] Validator - -reflection: null <java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/oro/text/perl/Perl5Util
	at org.apache.commons.validator.GenericValidator.matchRegexp(GenericValidator.java:107)
	at org.apache.struts.validator.FieldChecks.validateMask(FieldChecks.java:271)

Extract from my validation.xml:

<field property="firstName"
       depends="required,mask,minlength">
<msg name="mask" key="errors.onlyalpha"/>
<arg0 key="ex.register.info.fName"/>
<arg1 name="minlength" key="${var:minlength}" resource="false"/>
<var>
<var-name>mask</var-name>
<var-value>^[a-zA-Z]*$</var-value>
</var>
<var>
<var-name>minlength</var-name>
<var-value>2</var-value>
</var>
</field>

I dont know if this has got to do with the any path settings or versions 'am using with. Anyways, 'am using WSAD5.1, WAS 4.0 TestEnv, J2EE 1.2 with Struts 1.1 support, JDK 1.3.1.

I appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Pani

Re: Validator Framework - problem using Mask

Posted by Matt Bathje <mp...@ntsource.com>.
Pani - it looks like you may be missing jakarta-oro.jar from your
WEB-INF/lib directory. (Or have an older version of it possibly).

Make sure it exists, and if not get it from either your struts
distribution's lib directory or from the apache website and put it into
WEB-INF/lib.

If it does exist, download the version from the apache website and put it
into WEB-INF/lib and see if that fixes the problem.

Matt Bathje