Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2016/04/11 23:09:30 UTC

[c++] Proposed multi-threaded API for proton with example.

Multi-threaded proton in C++ is here! Not on master yet I'm hoping for
feedback an comments.

Doc at
 http://people.apache.org/~aconway/proton_cpp/concurrent_page.html

The code is at:

 https://github.com/alanconway/qpid-proton/tree/epoll_broker

Commit comment:

    PROTON-1046: C++ multi-threaded broker example

    Proposed concurrent API for proton (proton/concurrent.hpp) with example.

    Browse the doc at:

    http://people.apache.org/~aconway/proton_cpp/concurrent_page.html

    Main things to look at:

    - proton/concurrent.hpp: proposed extensions to the proton API for portable
      concurrent apps. Uses C++11 but the rest of the API remains C++03.

    - example/epoll_driver.hpp: implementation of the concurrent API using Linux epoll.

    - example/mt_broker.cpp: portable (when we have another driver impl) concurrent broker.

    TODO:
    - Broken & missing examples on Windows.
    - Removed old engine examples, need to put back equivalent tests.
    - Various TODO notes in the code.
    - Any feedback that comes up.de.