Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vijay Venkataraman <vi...@ltp.soft.net> on 2007/08/02 17:07:31 UTC

[m2] site generation - Custom file with left right and top banners.

Hi,
I am on M2 and doing site generation. The reports are coming up fine. I
wanted to add couple of documentation links. I have a local document
like user guide and developer guide pages which i want to add to the
site generation. I have them as HTML files and when i link it as shown
below(see site.xml), they come up fine.

Problem
--------
When i click on the user guide / developer guide link, they open in the
same window replacing the existing one. I want them to open in the right
hand side, just as it happens for other standard reports, showing the
top banner,showing links in the left side. Is there a specific format or
extra setting that i have to do?

site.xml
--------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="My Site Descriptor">
  <bannerLeft>
    <name>T Agent</name>
    <src>/images/logos/logo_place.gif</src>
    <href>http://www.tagent.com</href>
  </bannerLeft>
  <bannerRight>
    <name>T Agent</name>
    <href>/index.html</href>
  </bannerRight>

    <menu name="Documentation">
      <item name="Developer Guide" href="developer-guide.html" />
      <item name="User Guide" href="user-guide.html"/>
    </menu>

    ${reports}

</project>

Re: [m2] site generation - Custom file with left right and top banners.

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
Vijay Venkataraman <vi...@ltp.soft.net> writes:

> Found this link too, can be useful too:
> http://coderoshi.blogspot.com/2007/02/generating-site-and-documentation-in.html

Great link, thank you. I have added it to my references. Glad you
found my musing useful :-)

regards,
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.

Re: [m2] site generation - Custom file with left right and top banners.

Posted by Vijay Venkataraman <vi...@ltp.soft.net>.
Hi Arnaud,
Thanks for letting me know that it works similar to the way it works in
Maven1. That did the trick.

Thanks for the link http://www.oqube.com/projects/oqube-skin/index.html. Informative and i am sure it is going to come handy after some time.

Found this link too, can be useful too:
http://coderoshi.blogspot.com/2007/02/generating-site-and-documentation-in.html