Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 18:15:59 UTC

Re: Parameter value set to null when page submitted after 30 minutes.

When you say "User opened web page", do you mean they started a new web
browser after 30min and tried to join an existing session?

If so, that won't work with typical cookie based sessions, since the
cookies are discarded when the browser is exited.  If that's the behavior
you are looking for, you should look into a persistent session scheme, or
an auto-relogin capability.
  (*Chris*)

Posted by sharath karnati <ka...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Edward,

   We are checking Session with below line in 'LoginInterceptor', if LoginBean is null then we are taking request to Login page.

LoginBean loginBean = (LoginBean)ActionContext.getContext().getSession().get(Constants.SESSION_LOGIN);

   In our current problem, the LoginBean is NOT null and it is having value.

   The page submission done with doPost method so it is not passing any parameters in URL but when we are printing parameter value in logger it is showing null. Without any idle time it is working correctly so I'm really skeptical what do now??

Thanks,
Sharath.

Posted by "Edward W. Rouse" <er...@comsquared.com>.

Posted by sharath karnati <ka...@yahoo.com>.