Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/04/03 12:15:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Charter / Resolution

Hi all,

attached is the "final" resolution draft (I've changed nothing since the
first two discuss and vote emails).We still have to [discuss] the
charter for Apache traffic Server, which I believe is

"the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to
proxying and caching of HTTP and other related network services"

 From the graduation documentation, the resolution/charter charter
should be

"A good resolution is neither too narrow nor too broad. If the project's
scope is too narrow, then its activities will be unnecessarily
constrained. If a project's scope is too broad then it may lack focus
and suffer from governance issues."

Please comment and/or suggest changes to our charter / resolution.

Cheers,

-- leif

Re: [DISCUSS] Charter / Resolution

Posted by Mark Nottingham <mn...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Maybe 'intermediation' instead of 'proxying', which is a bit specific.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Charter / Resolution

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com>.
After reading the general mailing list and the graduation process guide
(http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel) to see how
other projects (Apache UIMA, Cassandra, and Subversion) have went
through the graduation process, I am going to change the timeline that
Leif and I talked about last week.

I am going to post a message to the incubator general mailing list for
discussion on our graduation before I post a message for voting.  This
should push things back a few days, but still gives us enough time for
the resolution to be brought up at the next board meeting (assuming we
pass the vote)...

-Bryan

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Jason Giedymin <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Apr 3, 2010, at 6:15 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> attached is the "final" resolution draft (I've changed nothing since the first two discuss and vote emails).We still have to [discuss] the charter for Apache traffic Server, which I believe is
>
> "the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to proxying and caching of HTTP and other related network services"

Sounds good to me.