Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2006/04/19 01:29:12 UTC

Re: Tuscany maven continuum build: What to post and where?

Raymond Feng wrote:
> As part of the effort to create nightly build for Tuscany, I set up a
> maven continuum build to check out and build the Tuscany code hourly.
>

> Now the question are:
>
> 1) What content should be uploaded so that it can be downloaded as a
> SNAPSHOT build? Just a big zip file containing everything or do we
> need to define a binary distribution structure?

If the intention is to publish unstable SNAPSHOTs then using maven to
deploy them to http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository is an
option. This should be writable by any committer.

Having said that, Dan Kulp has mentioned on the maven list that this
repo is fairly unstable. So although it is an option, it may not be a
very good one.

> 2) Where will be the hosting server? Is there any Apache
> infrastrcture can be used for this purpose? (Help!)

We may be able to use the ws zone for this - I don't know if there is an
established policy for this, Dims can you help?

--
Jeremy

Re: Tuscany maven continuum build: What to post and where?

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Daniel.

Thanks for all the tips. It's really helpful.

I'm on Maven 2.0.3.

Raymond

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Tuscany maven continuum build: What to post and where?

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Have we decided to upload the SNAPSHOT builds to the Apache respository on
daily base?

Another issue is that I'm NOT a committer yet and I don't have the write
access to the Apache respository.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.