Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Tauren Mills <ta...@groovee.com> on 2011/04/03 09:18:23 UTC

OAuth and OpenID

I'm fleshing out a roadmap for my web service. I'd like to eventually allow
users to login via OpenID. Further down the road, I'd like 3rd party apps to
be able to be built on my REST services, so having OAuth support would be
nice. I've looked at the Jira issues for both of these, which were created a
long time ago. However, I noticed both issues have recent activity.

So I was hoping someone involved might share a little about what activity is
taking place and what we might expect in the future. For instance, what
kinds of features are planned, a rough idea of when it might be integrated
into shiro (weeks, months, years), and anything else that might pertain.

Thanks!
Tauren

Re: OAuth and OpenID

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Tauren,

I've been mucking with OpenId support using the OpenId4J library.  It
is currently in trunk as a new 'openid4j' support module.  It is not
entirely finished yet - the attribute exchange stuff has just been
finished, and I think all that is left is to create a Filter that can
process response messages from the OpenId provider.

Please take a look at trunk and let me know what you think!
Feedback/suggestions welcome!

I haven't done any work on OAuth however.  If anyone has any
contributions for this, it'd be great!

Cheers,

--
Les Hazlewood