Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lyall Pearce <Ly...@The-Pearces.com> on 2011/10/26 13:14:30 UTC

Accessing a service via http when the original WSDL had https?

Using AXIS2, I have a WSDL which specifies a service port address using
https.

Using wsdl2java.sh (linux), I have created both server and client code,
such that my service receives requests using this WSDL definition and
calls an identical service using the same WSDL but with a different
end-point that I over-ride via parameters.

However, accessing the AXIS2 web admin page, where I list all the
available services, using http, if I click the service link, I receive

Oct 26, 2011 9:21:25 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [AxisServlet] in context with path
[/axis2] threw exception
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Server does not have an epr for the wsdl
epr==>https://hostname/serviceEndPoint

in my error logs.

If I use SOAPUI to attempt to consume the WSDL via the AXIS2 service I
have created, it also receives an error.

Can I leave the WSDL as it is (it's supplied by a vendor) and access my
generated web service via http yet still call the vendors service via
https and still have the admin -> available services web page work?

Or, do I have to 'fudge' the WSDL to http such that I can use it,
knowing that I will be overriding the end-point at runtime?

Help would be much appreciated.

...Lyall