Posted to user@livy.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/17 04:43:19 UTC

How to scale livy servers?

Hi All,

I am wondering how to scale livy servers? say

1) I have a couple of livy servers that are submitting jobs and say one of
them crashes the session id's again start from 0 which can coincide with
the non-faulty running livy servers. I think it would be nice to have
session id's as UUID. isn't it?

2) Is there a way to get job progress periodically or get notified if it
dies and so on ?

Thanks!

Re: How to scale livy servers?

Posted by ka...@gmail.com.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Session/job status you mean from the spark ui port because I don't see any endpoint like that in https://livy.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/rest-api.html

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Re: How to scale livy servers?

Posted by amarouni <am...@talend.com>.

On 18/12/2017 04:03, Meisam Fathi wrote:

>     1) I have a couple of livy servers that are submitting jobs and
>     say one of them crashes the session id's again start from 0 which
>     can coincide with the non-faulty running livy servers. I think it
>     would be nice to have session id's as UUID. isn't it?
>

> If you enable recovery, the session IDs won't restart from 0 after
> recovery.
+1 for changing the ids, incremental ids are not a good practice from an
API design standpoint (and security). UUIDs are easy to implement and
make it easier to avoid confusion.

Re: How to scale livy servers?

Posted by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>.