Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> on 2022/03/10 11:23:31 UTC

spice protocol support

Hi all, someone knows if guacamole can support spice protocol? I've
found this issue[¹] but I can't understand if it is dead...

My best regards

Piviul

[¹] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-261

Re: spice protocol support

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 1:34 AM Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> wrote:

> Il 10/03/22 15:35, Nick Couchman ha scritto:
>
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 6:23 AM Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, someone knows if guacamole can support spice protocol? I've
>> found this issue[¹] but I can't understand if it is dead...
>>

> It absolutely can, but it is not yet implemented. I started on it a while
> back, but my Day Job has been quite busy over the past year or so, and I
> haven't had much time to focus on it.
>
> Thanks Nick... in my opinion this issue is waiting too long, 9 years is a
> too long time. If you think that in the next future you don't find the time
> to do this job  it's better if you declare that you can't do it hoping to
> find someone else that can do it... didn't you?

Yes, it is a long time, and I'd really rather have completed it, but 1) I
don't get paid to do this, and 2) no one else has taken it up. To be clear,
I'm not "holding on" to this issue or anything like that - if someone else
wants to jump in and implement it, they are welcome to, and I would gladly
support such a contribution and would be happy to turn the issue over to
whomever wanted to do it. Since no one has stepped up and
asked/volunteered, it's still "owned" by me, and not making very quick
progress at the moment. Maybe one day I'll have time to work on it, maybe
someone else will come along and do it. Either way is fine with me.

Are you volunteering ;-)?

-Nick

Re: spice protocol support

Posted by Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it>.
Il 10/03/22 15:35, Nick Couchman ha scritto:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 6:23 AM Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> wrote:
>
>     Hi all, someone knows if guacamole can support spice protocol? I've
>     found this issue[¹] but I can't understand if it is dead...
>

> It absolutely can, but it is not yet implemented. I started on it a
> while back, but my Day Job has been quite busy over the past year or
> so, and I haven't had much time to focus on it.
Thanks Nick... in my opinion this issue is waiting too long, 9 years is
a too long time. If you think that in the next future you don't find the
time to do this job  it's better if you declare that you can't do it
hoping to find someone else that can do it... didn't you?

Any way thanks a lot for the efforts you spend to make guacamole better

Have a great day

Piviul

Re: spice protocol support

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 6:23 AM Piviul <pi...@riminilug.it> wrote:

> Hi all, someone knows if guacamole can support spice protocol? I've
> found this issue[¹] but I can't understand if it is dead...

It absolutely can, but it is not yet implemented. I started on it a while
back, but my Day Job has been quite busy over the past year or so, and I
haven't had much time to focus on it.

-NIck