Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Khaled Hussein <kh...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/20 19:01:37 UTC

Does web console create a topic for each queue?

When I browse the queue through the web console, I noticed in the debugging
logs that a topic with the name of the queue is being created. I was
wondering why? I think it is also causing a problem in counting the number
of messages being received.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can advice me on that.

Thanks,
Khaled

Re: Does web console create a topic for each queue?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/8/20 Khaled Hussein <kh...@gmail.com>:
> FYI, this topic being created is the advisory one. It gets incremented by
> two messages. I don't think that it has anything to do with the false
> reporting of received messages on the queue.

No - this is normal behaviour - advisory topics are used to broadcast
new destinations etc
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Does web console create a topic for each queue?

Posted by Khaled Hussein <kh...@gmail.com>.