Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> on 2008/08/28 22:48:17 UTC

update response warning

When I do an update to solr, I still get a warning.... it's time to
remove this, right?
Any other places where it should be removed?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
</lst><str name="WARNING">This response format is experimental.  It is
likely to change in the future.</str>
</response>

-Yonik

Re: update response warning

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Chris Hostetter
<ho...@fucit.org>wrote:

> : DataImportHandler should also be considered experimental.
>
> Yonik was specificly refering to response formats/structures, many of
> which have had a warning in them cautioning people not to write code that
> depends on the exct format (ie: programmaticly parsing th response) until
> we decided if we were happy with it.
>
> marking classes, plugins, and internal APIs "Experimental" can be done
> with javadocs.
>
> (if however, you are not certian that the response format from a DIH
> request handler is fully baked, that would be a good place to add a call
> to addExperimentalFormatWarning)

Yes I was referring to the response format. It already has the experimental
format warning -- this was just an fyi so that it is not removed.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: update response warning

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: DataImportHandler should also be considered experimental.

Yonik was specificly refering to response formats/structures, many of
which have had a warning in them cautioning people not to write code that
depends on the exct format (ie: programmaticly parsing th response) until
we decided if we were happy with it.

marking classes, plugins, and internal APIs "Experimental" can be done
with javadocs.

(if however, you are not certian that the response format from a DIH
request handler is fully baked, that would be a good place to add a call
to addExperimentalFormatWarning)

: On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
:
: > Here are the current handlers that add this warning:
: > $ find . -name \*.java | xargs grep addExperimentalFormatWarning
: > ./handler/admin/LukeRequestHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
: > ./handler/admin/PluginInfoHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
: > ./handler/admin/ShowFileRequestHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning(rsp);
: > ./handler/admin/SystemInfoHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
: > ./handler/admin/ThreadDumpHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
: > ./handler/AnalysisRequestHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning(rsp);
: > ./handler/MoreLikeThisHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
: > ./handler/RequestHandlerUtils.java:  public static void
: > addExperimentalFormatWarning( SolrQueryResponse rsp )
: > ./handler/XmlUpdateRequestHandler.java:
: > RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
: >
: > Which ones are actually still more in flux (or that we're not happy
: > with and plan on changing in 1.4 perhaps)?
: >
: > -Yonik
: >
:
:
:
: --
: Regards,
: Shalin Shekhar Mangar.
:

-Hoss

Re: update response warning

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
DataImportHandler should also be considered experimental.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Here are the current handlers that add this warning:
> $ find . -name \*.java | xargs grep addExperimentalFormatWarning
> ./handler/admin/LukeRequestHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
> ./handler/admin/PluginInfoHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
> ./handler/admin/ShowFileRequestHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning(rsp);
> ./handler/admin/SystemInfoHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
> ./handler/admin/ThreadDumpHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
> ./handler/AnalysisRequestHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning(rsp);
> ./handler/MoreLikeThisHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
> ./handler/RequestHandlerUtils.java:  public static void
> addExperimentalFormatWarning( SolrQueryResponse rsp )
> ./handler/XmlUpdateRequestHandler.java:
> RequestHandlerUtils.addExperimentalFormatWarning( rsp );
>
> Which ones are actually still more in flux (or that we're not happy
> with and plan on changing in 1.4 perhaps)?
>
> -Yonik

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: update response warning

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
OK, I removed all of the warnings from the handlers listed below.
-Yonik

Re: update response warning

Re: update response warning

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Spell check component should be considered experimental, I think.

Re: update response warning

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
+1