Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com> on 2017/03/25 16:59:39 UTC

[VOTE] - Use of Slack on Apache Juneau team.

Let's hold two votes on whether to use Slack as a communications channel:

1) Use Slack for internal questions / brief discussions.  All decision
making to remain in email.

2) Use Slack for external questions (e.g. users who have questions).

Normal 72 hour window applies.

--
James Bognar

Re: [VOTE] - Use of Slack on Apache Juneau team.

Posted by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
To be honest, I do not see that using Slack will help this project. The recent user oriented discussion about RestClient, ... best practices is the kind of discussion that belongs on the mail list. It's easily searchable on lists.apache.org and so others who might have similar questions can find it. If this discussion had been on slack, how would anyone find it?

Craig

> On Mar 25, 2017, at 9:59 AM, James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com> wrote:
>
> Let's hold two votes on whether to use Slack as a communications channel:
>
> 1) Use Slack for internal questions / brief discussions.  All decision
> making to remain in email.
>
> 2) Use Slack for external questions (e.g. users who have questions).
>

> Normal 72 hour window applies.
>

> --
> James Bognar

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] - Use of Slack on Apache Juneau team.

Posted by Peter Haumer <ph...@us.ibm.com>.
(1) yes

(2) yes

Thanks and best regards,