Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2011/09/22 15:53:46 UTC

Schemas for validation.....

A couple of us were just having a discussion on the #karaf IRC channel as we
ran into a problem in that the Aries XSD file are not really available on the
web site or anything to allow mapping namespaces -> xsd for use with
validation in various tools and such.    Thus, I'd like to get, at a minimum,
the blueprint schemas onto the site.  The question is how "best" to do it.

We could just add a "aries.apache.org/schemas" dir and dump them directly in
there.  We could create subdirectories from the (schemas/blueprint,
schemas/blueprint-cm, etc....), double level (schemas/blueprint/cm,
schemas/blueprint/ext), etc.....     Anyone have a preference?

The next step, once they are there, will be to figure out how to use
mod_redirect or similar with the CMS based site to direct the actual
namespaces in there to the correct schema.    I can work with Joe on that, but
we need the files up there first.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Schemas for validation.....

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Hmm,

Looking at the htaccess file it looks like we should try to standardise our
custom namespaces a little more.

Currently our blueprint one are in:

http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns

and the others are in:

http://aries.apache.org/xmlns/

I suggest we standardise on the latter in the future.

Thoughts?
Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Schemas for validation.....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:37:49 PM Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
> Cool
>
> Out of interest how does this work? I assume when we next add or update a
> schema we need to do something, so what needs to be done.

I *didn't* do it this way, but it can all be done from the CMS.   If you go to

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Schemas for validation.....

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Cool

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Schemas for validation.....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: Schemas for validation.....

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.
Don't the schemas ideally need to match the namespace they are in? That
sound suggest the following locations:

/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0

/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.0.0

on our website.