Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Shahi, Ashutosh" <As...@ca.com> on 2005/06/03 12:58:32 UTC

[Axis2]Help on maven

Hi Srinath,

               The saaj API needs activation.jar in classpath for
attachment support. Though we don't have attachment support now, but
because of activation.jar missing, most of the interfaces and hence
classes fail to compile. I had added exclusion condition in project.xml
if activation.jar is not found, so very few classes compile.

            But I need to test if the entire build is working if
activation stuff is found. So, where can I add that condition to look
for activation in some local directory? I am new to maven stuff and
hence need your help on this.

-Ashutosh

Re: [Axis2]Help on maven

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashutosh ;
I am also looking a better ways to handle the jars that we can not get
from a repository. If I found a better thingy I will fix the saaj
things as well.

Let us compile the thing with Geronimo activation jar for the time been
Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axis2]Help on maven

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
On 6/3/05, Shahi, Ashutosh <As...@ca.com> wrote:

> Hi Srinath,

It's not for me but...

>                The saaj API needs activation.jar in classpath for attachment
> support. Though we don't have attachment support now, but because of
> activation.jar missing, most of the interfaces and hence classes fail to
> compile. I had added exclusion condition in project.xml if activation.jar is
> not found, so very few classes compile.
>
>             But I need to test if the entire build is working if activation
> stuff is found. So, where can I add that condition to look for activation in
> some local directory? I am new to maven stuff and hence need your help on
> this.

I would say it might be the best to define dependencies using names
provided here: http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html
and ask people to put jars in their local repository.

Or use Geronimo jars: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/geronimo-spec/jars/
but I'm not sure what's the status of them.

HTH,
Tomek

RE: [Axis2]Help on maven

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Ashu,

Thilina also wanted activation.jar for his MTOM stuff and I saw he has added
that to project.xml of xml module. He has commented it now. So if you
un-comment, your classes will compile.

Chinthaka

  _____