Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Ta...@hcl.com> on 2012/08/28 11:07:29 UTC

Apache Ace Start Up Issue

Hi,

I am trying to start the Apache Ace from a network which has the internet connection via proxy. I have configured proxy in run.bat. If I run the same package from the machine which has direct internet connection this package runs fine.

I get "ConnectException" when running via proxy. Any help ?

[cid:image004.png@01CD852A.468CDDD0]

[cid:image007.png@01CD852A.468CDDD0]

Regards,
Ayushi Sharma
Software Engineer (ERS-SEG)
HCL Technologies Ltd.
SEZ, Sector 126, 3A Software Tower, Noida 201301, U.P. (India)
Tel: +91-120-4683670  Extn: (3670)
www.hcltech.com<http://www.hcltech.com>
www.hcl.com<http://www.hcl.com/>
[cid:image008.jpg@01CD852A.468CDDD0]

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Apache Ace Start Up Issue

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
This startup issue is due to the fact that we do provide a configuration for setting up ACE in the Amazon cloud, but the sample configuration contains some placeholders.

I will open an issue for this [1], as we should not provide a non-working configuration. In fact, by not supplying the configuration at all, the cloud components in ACE will not be activated and all such log messages will disappear until you do provide a valid configuration.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACE-296

Posted by "Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech" <Ta...@hcl.com>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Apache Ace Start Up Issue

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

which version of ACE ? latest SNAPSHOT ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

On 08/28/2012 11:07 AM, Taranbir Singh - ERS, HCL Tech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to start the Apache Ace from a network which has the
> internet connection via proxy. I have configured proxy in run.bat. If I
> run the same package from the machine which has direct internet
> connection this package runs fine.
>
> I get “ConnectException” when running via proxy. Any help ?
>
> Regards,
>
> *Ayushi Sharma*
>
> Software Engineer (ERS-SEG)
>
> *HCL Technologies Ltd*.
>
> SEZ, Sector 126, 3A Software Tower, Noida 201301, U.P. (India)
>
> Tel:+91-120-4683670  Extn: (3670)
>
> www.hcltech.com <http://www.hcltech.com>
>
> *www.hcl.com <http://www.hcl.com/>*
>
> Fact_File_d8
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any
> liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of
> the author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
> viruses and other defects.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net