Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bh...@xansa.com on 2005/07/26 17:38:10 UTC

How to include my application.xml and unversioned artifacts

being new to maven i've started by creating one 'project.xml' per module
without inheritence. My project consists of one ejeb module, one web module
and two java modules. after generating all the articats individually from
command prompt i'm trying to build the ear. However i'm facing a couple of
problems. I'm using maven1.0.2. My problems are...

1. I'm not able to include my own application.xml in the ear no matter
what. Maven generates a message that though it is copying 'applcation .xml'
in the ear folder but it will ignore this file when installing.

2. I've included the ibm specific file in the
ear(<include>**/META-INF/**</include> ). These files refer to the
unversioned artifacts(war, ejb, jars). However the ear has this artifatcs
in their versioned form.

I reckon there are two ways to solve this....
1. i find a way to include my own application.xml and the unversioned
artifacts in the ear.
Or
2. I generate the ibm specific file which refer to the versioned artifacts.

However i dont know how to accomplish any of the two. Can any one help me
out.

Regards
Bhaskar Pathak
Software Enginner
Xansa India Ltd.

Whilst this email has been checked for all known viruses, recipients should undertake their own virus checking as Xansa will not accept any liability whatsoever.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and protected by client privilege.  It is solely for the use of the intended recipient.
Please delete it and notify the sender if you have received it in
error. Unauthorised use is prohibited.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the organisation.
     Xansa, Registered Office: 420 Thames Valley Park Drive,
     Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PU, UK.
     Registered in England No.1000954.
     t  +44 (0)8702 416181
     w  www.xansa.com

Re: How to include my application.xml and unversioned artifacts

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
2005/7/26, Bhaskar.Pathak@xansa.com <Bh...@xansa.com>:
> being new to maven i've started by creating one 'project.xml' per module
> without inheritence. My project consists of one ejeb module, one web module
> and two java modules. after generating all the articats individually from
> command prompt i'm trying to build the ear. However i'm facing a couple of
> problems. I'm using maven1.0.2. My problems are...
>
> 1. I'm not able to include my own application.xml in the ear no matter
> what. Maven generates a message that though it is copying 'applcation .xml'
> in the ear folder but it will ignore this file when installing.

tell maven not to genarate it with the maven.ear.appxml.generate=false
properties
The application.xml location is indicate with maven.ear.appxml

Nicolas