Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 08:55:51 UTC

Re: Maven SCM plugin fails to do a scm:update after a scm:checkout with strange error message "Command failed.The git-log command failed."

Hi,

Don't you have to use the https or ssh transport for github write access?
The git protocol is read-only on github.

Anyway you're right, the error message is a bit confusing. ;)

Andreas

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

sorry its actually a private Git repo, I just replaced/obfuscated the
domain name

Sebastian