Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/03 07:05:23 UTC

Re: Solr production live implementation

Hi Tim (switching to the more appropriate solr-user list)

It's hard to tell and depends on thing like integration of search in the rest of the site, the placement of search field/form, the exposure, etc.  The corpus/index does not sound large, but the mention of Windows scares me, as does 2GB of RAM (this won't be enough - your index is likely going to be too big to fit in RAM, causing a lot of disk IO).

Otis