Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sam Joe <ga...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/16 17:00:33 UTC

ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias

Hi,

I am trying to do a group by of 2 records only and getting the following
error in Pig Stack Trace:

ERROR 1066: Unable to open iterator for alias final_by_sn
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Couldn't retrieve job.

Under <Hadoop_Home>/logs/userlogs/container.. I see few errors like the
following for few tasks:

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 60000 millis timeout while
waiting for channel to be ready for read. ch :
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connected local=/127.0.0.1:41641
remote=localhost/127.0.0.1:49313]

I think there is some issue with the data which is causing this but not
sure how to troubleshoot it. Are there any other places I can see the logs?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Joel