Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Charan <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/16 00:59:13 UTC

[users@httpd] redirecting index.jsp to its folder

Hi,

for the website I'm migrating, all the folders have their welcome page as
index.jsp and that page is in the weblogic.
If I click on any link it's going until the folder but not picking up the
index.jsp. Suppose that I have the below folders, how can I have a generic
rule using Rewrite module for redirecting them to default index.jsp

/ar  --> should redirect to /ar/index.jsp
/ar/sample/product-id-sample --> should redirect to
/ar/sample/product-id-sample/index.jsp
/ar/sample/articles-tips --> should redirect to
/ar/sample/articles-tips/index.jsp
/ar/start/getting-started-faqs --> should redirect to
ar/start/getting-started-faqs/index.jsp
/ar/ongoingsupport/all-faqs --> should redirect to
/ar/ongoingsupport/all-faqs/index.jsp
/ar/start/insurance-basics --> should redirect to
ar/start/insurance-basics/index.jsp
/as --> should redirect to /as/index.jsp
/as/start/starting-treatment --> should redirect to
/as/start/starting-treatment/index.jsp

Re: [users@httpd] redirecting index.jsp to its folder

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
Also the <Location > directive is worth looking at in your case.

Did you define your Directory directive like this?

<Directory /ar>
      DirectoryIndex index.jsp
      # someother directives
      .
</Directory>

Cheers,
Igor

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charan <ch...@gmail.com>.
I tried but that didn't work for me.

One concern I have is how can Apache look for the index.jsp when they are in
a war file which is deployed onto weblogic. Apache can look for files only
under the docroot.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex
>

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Charan <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to use DirectoryIndex eventhough I dont have the index.jsp
>> in the docroot
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Don't need redirect have a look at DirectoryIndex directive.
>>>
>>> e.g.
>>> DirectoryIndex index.jsp
>>>
>>> Igor

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Charan

Charan

Re: [users@httpd] redirecting index.jsp to its folder

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charan <ch...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible to use DirectoryIndex eventhough I dont have the index.jsp in
the docroot

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't need redirect have a look at DirectoryIndex directive.
>
> e.g.
> DirectoryIndex index.jsp
>
> Igor
>

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Charan <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> for the website I'm migrating, all the folders have their welcome page as
>> index.jsp and that page is in the weblogic.
>> If I click on any link it's going until the folder but not picking up the
>> index.jsp. Suppose that I have the below folders, how can I have a generic
>> rule using Rewrite module for redirecting them to default index.jsp
>>
>> /ar  --> should redirect to /ar/index.jsp
>> /ar/sample/product-id-sample --> should redirect to
>> /ar/sample/product-id-sample/index.jsp
>> /ar/sample/articles-tips --> should redirect to
>> /ar/sample/articles-tips/index.jsp
>> /ar/start/getting-started-faqs --> should redirect to
>> ar/start/getting-started-faqs/index.jsp
>> /ar/ongoingsupport/all-faqs --> should redirect to
>> /ar/ongoingsupport/all-faqs/index.jsp
>> /ar/start/insurance-basics --> should redirect to
>> ar/start/insurance-basics/index.jsp
>> /as --> should redirect to /as/index.jsp
>> /as/start/starting-treatment --> should redirect to
>> /as/start/starting-treatment/index.jsp
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,

Charan