Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Martin <mi...@skyhysports.net> on 2003/01/26 22:00:39 UTC

[users@httpd] A strange problem with virtual hosts

Hello, all. I have an apache server (version 2) running with several
virtual hosts. All are configured exactly the same, with only the server
and path names differing. Some of these hosts are reachable by the usual
browsers (IE, Netscape, Galeon, etc.) but some are not. IE simply says
it can't find the host, Netscape reports "connection refused". Lynx,
however, has absolutely no problem with any of the hosts! Does anyone
have any clue what might be going on? Is it possibly a resource issue?

Thanks in advance...

--
Michael Martin <mi...@skyhysports.net>

Re: [users@httpd] A strange problem with virtual hosts

Posted by Michael Martin <mi...@skyhysports.net>.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. The problem must lie somewhere along
the route between my browsers and my server. This morning, the links
work fine with galeon, opera and lynx running on linux. The "broken"
ones are still "broken" when browsing with IE6 and Netscape 7 from a
W2K Pro machine through our VPN. Seems to work fine from W2K with all
browsers outside of the VPN. Hmm....

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ba...@atbusiness.com>.

Posted by Jeff Bert <so...@sgwebspace.com>.
All those links work for me with IE6 on Win XP Pro.

..."black powder for the sissies"... heh

Jeff

Posted by Michael Martin <mi...@skyhysports.net>.

Posted by Jeff Bert <so...@sgwebspace.com>.