Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/08/09 14:10:21 UTC

a few notes regarding httpd-test

* 'cvs co -c' doesn't include httpd-test module, only apachetest, which
includes Apache-Test only.

* I've just commited the documentation for these testing options:

    t/TEST -times=N -order=(repeat|rotate|random)

which you should definitely try and get surprised as some tests that have
passed before may fail now. The best smoking test is something like this:

    t/TEST -times=20 -order=random

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/

Re: a few notes regarding httpd-test

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
It's on my short list to auto-generate the rsync.conf file.  As soon as that's done,
things like this will just happen for us.  In the meantime, just send a note to Brian,
and he'll add it.

Ryan

Posted by Gary Benson <gb...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Ryan Bloom wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 09 August 2001 05:10, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > > * 'cvs co -c' doesn't include httpd-test module, only apachetest, which
> > > includes Apache-Test only.
> >
> > We don't keep `cvs co -c` up to date.  Brian believes this encourages
> > people to check out everything all at once, which puts an undue strain
> > on the CVS server.
>
> Is it possible to mirror the repositories via rsync if they are needed
> only in the read-only mode? So this will remove the strain from the master
> repository. Then we can advertise the mirrors and not the master
> repository urn for anonymous CVS and disable anonymous CVS on the master
> rep?

I'm told that "rsync -avz cvs.apache.org::httpd-test-cvs httpd-test-cvs"
works...

Gary

[ Gary Benson, Red Hat Europe ][ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 60E8793A ]

Re: a few notes regarding httpd-test