Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Balaji Katika <ba...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/16 13:16:14 UTC

Clarification needed regarding org.apache.cxf.transport.http.async.ioThreadCount

Hi All,

I've not set this (org.apache.cxf.transport.http.async.ioThreadCount)
variable in my CXF client which as per the documentation in this link
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/asynchronous-client-http-transport.html means 1
thread per core.

My machine has cores and that would translates to 8 threads. However, when
I pump request through CXF async client, I see that the response callback
(printed thread id and thread group name) is displaying 25 different
threads ids under the same thread group.

My queries
* Is 25 the default as against 8 (1 thread per core) mentioned in the link ?
* Is the thread pool fixed or cached. If so, what is the initial size and
max size ?
* Can I safely assume that the additional overhead due to async client is
8+1 (for selector thread).

--
Regards
Balaji Katika