Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sam Rasins <Sa...@Caribe-Enterprises.com> on 1997/07/05 19:56:43 UTC

1.2.1 .vs. 1.2.2

Hello,

I am an interested reader of the new-httpd list, and a user of the Apache
products.  Since I, a member of "the public", have gone to the place where
I obtain the source for the Apache httpd and have downloaded 1.2.1 (in its
current state) ... I would say it is safe to release the "minor" mods as
Apache 1.2.2 ... it would decrease the amount of confusion folks like me
might otherwise have.

Thanks, and keep up all your GREAT work ... I only hope to be able to
contribute in some manner in the future.

Later,
Sambo	!-)
<Sa...@Caribe-Enterprises.com>

------

The Consultant's Curse:
When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him what he asks for,
instead of what he needs.  This is very strong medicine, and is normally only
required once.

------

The years of peak mental activity are undoubtedly between the ages of
four and eighteen.  At four we know all the questions, at eighteen all
the answers.

{NOTE: The quotes above were provided via the 'fortune' program.}

Re: 1.2.1 .vs. 1.2.2

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Sam Rasins wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am an interested reader of the new-httpd list, and a user of the Apache
> products.  Since I, a member of "the public", have gone to the place where
> I obtain the source for the Apache httpd and have downloaded 1.2.1 (in its

Where is this place?

Did you go to ftp://ftp.apache.org/httpd/dist/ ?  That is not where
anything points people to for downloading Apache and that is not where
current versions live.

I guess that mistake is not too hard to make.  Sigh.  Can't find old ftp
logs on taz, but no one has downloaded 1.2.1 today.