Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/10/28 20:06:03 UTC

kupu removing forms?

Jonathan Linczak wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion, I was actually speaking of the Kupu editor
> myself.  For example, I went in to your test instance and created a new
> page called "Forms test".  I changed the view to the source code and
> added in a rudimentary form:
>
> <form method="post">
>   <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
> </form>
>
> I switched back to the visual editor and lo-and-behold, the forms were
> showing up.  I hit the Save button, and the editor page refreshes, with
> the forms disappearing.  I wasn't able to save anything.  This is the
> same thing happening to us on our site - where we forbid users to edit
> those pages because the forms get removed.

is this a kupu or a lenya issue?

the test site he is talking about is at

http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/default/authoring/

that site runs kupu 1.2-dev afaik

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                          http://lenya.apache.org

Re: kupu removing forms?

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 21:47, Jonathan Linczak wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
> > Jonathan Linczak wrote:
> >> Sorry for the confusion, I was actually speaking of the Kupu editor
> >> myself.  For example, I went in to your test instance and created a
> >> new page called "Forms test".  I changed the view to the source code
> >> and added in a rudimentary form:
> >> <form method="post">
> >>   <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
> >> </form>
> >> I switched back to the visual editor and lo-and-behold, the forms
> >> were showing up.  I hit the Save button, and the editor page
> >> refreshes, with the forms disappearing.  I wasn't able to save
> >> anything.  This is the same thing happening to us on our site - where
> >> we forbid users to edit those pages because the forms get removed.
> >
> > is this a kupu or a lenya issue?
> >
> > the test site he is talking about is at
> >
> > http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/default/authoring/
> >
> > that site runs kupu 1.2-dev afaik
>
> I know I would be interested in this since my colleagues and I have not
> found a solution.  If this is deemed a Kupu issue, I'll be happy to
> submit messages to the proper channels for the Kupu developers.

You can find the Kupu mailinglists at
http://kupu.oscom.org/devel/

Please go ahead. I have also Kupu commit rights, so if you find some
info, maybe I can fix it.

Thanks for ur efforts.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: kupu removing forms?

Posted by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu>.
On Oct 28, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Jonathan Linczak wrote:
>> Sorry for the confusion, I was actually speaking of the Kupu editor
>> myself.  For example, I went in to your test instance and created a
>> new page called "Forms test".  I changed the view to the source code
>> and added in a rudimentary form:
>> <form method="post">
>>   <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
>> </form>
>> I switched back to the visual editor and lo-and-behold, the forms
>> were showing up.  I hit the Save button, and the editor page
>> refreshes, with the forms disappearing.  I wasn't able to save
>> anything.  This is the same thing happening to us on our site - where
>> we forbid users to edit those pages because the forms get removed.
>
> is this a kupu or a lenya issue?
>
> the test site he is talking about is at
>
> http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/default/authoring/
>
> that site runs kupu 1.2-dev afaik

I know I would be interested in this since my colleagues and I have not
found a solution.  If this is deemed a Kupu issue, I'll be happy to
submit messages to the proper channels for the Kupu developers.

Jon