Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2015/05/01 06:12:09 UTC

Re: GSOC Supporting Hadoop data and cluster management

Hi Rui,

Thanks. We were in the fortunate (for the project)/unfortunate (for you) position that there were more candidates than mentoring capacity.

But obviously participation in GSoC is not a prerequisite for participation in VXQuery.
If there's something you'd like to do with or in VXQuery, please do!

Cheers,
Till

> On Apr 28, 2015, at 01:01, GUO Rui <ru...@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Though not accepted this year, I would still thank you all for the help
> during my GSOC application!
>
> Hoping you will have an amazing summer!
>
> Rui Guo
>

>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Michael Carey <mj...@ics.uci.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I'm excited to see this project happening this summer!
>> (Hoping it may even yield a broadly applicable Hyracks solution! :-))
>>

>>> On 4/27/15 1:16 PM, Steven Jacobs wrote:
>>>
>>> Great! I think we already told you, but I will be your main mentor for
>>> this
>>> project (Preston will be providing help as well).