Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2008/02/11 12:43:34 UTC

changing myfaces loglevel to debug causes different behavior

I noticed today strange behavior if I change the loglevel for myfaces.

Some getters of my backing beans are called although the rendered
attribute of a parent component is false.

It is caused by class DebugUtils.traceView.

I enabled logging via following setting:

log4j.logger.org.apache.myfaces=DEBUG

Sample:

jsp:

<t:panelGroup rendered="#{!empty requestScope['myflag']}">

  <t:dataTable value="#{myController.value}" ...

</t:panelGroup>

myController.getValue() is now called if logging is enabled.

This looks very strange to me and makes debugging nearly impossible if
other code is executed depending in the loglevel

Lazy initialization etc are done, model is not fully initialized and
other ugly sideeffects occur ...

Michael