Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Fred Preston <PR...@uk.ibm.com> on 2005/07/06 17:58:01 UTC

Re: Array example fails for large number of numbers

Hi Krishna,
        Answering your second question, '2. Some text - "ffb" came into
the message'.  This is fine.  What is happening is when you have a large
message it cannot be sent as a single block, but has to be cut up into
smaller blocks or 'chunks'.  What you are seeing is called 'chunking' and
the numbers are actually hexadecimal numbers that begin each chunk and
tell the transport how big that chunk is.

Regards,

Fred Preston.

krishna <kr...@lac.uic.edu>
07/06/2005 02:44 AM
Please respond to "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

        To:     Apache AXIS C Developers List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Array example fails for large number of numbers

Hi All

I was implementing the Array example on Axis 1.6 alpha. ( echoIntArray -
The client sends an array of numbers and the server echoes the array
back to the client ). This is a RPC based webservice

The example seemed to work fine for < 200 numbers. For numbers > 200 the
I had the following problems
I have attached the source code and stubs along with this email.

Please find parts of the SOAP_RESPONSE below.

1.  The server did not echo back all the numbers

<item>1159</item>
<item>1160</item>
<item>1161</item>
<item>1162</item>
<item

The message stopped here it was supposed to return 10000 items.

2.   Some text - "ffb" came into the message

<item>208</item>
<item>209</item>
<item
ffb
>210</item>
<item>211</item>
<item>212</item>

<item>449</item>
<item>450</item>
ffb

<item>451</item>
<item>452</item>

Is this a known issue? The output above was captured using ethereal.

Cheers
Krishna

#### example_xml_array.tar has been removed from this note on July 06 2005
by Fred Preston

Re: Array example fails for large number of numbers

Posted by krishna <kr...@lac.uic.edu>.
Hi All

I am using Axis 1.6alpha ( CVS checkout ).  I am trying to run a
modified array example (CPP:RPC) which segfaults if
numbers returned are > 209 but works for numbers > 100000. ( I think
this may be some sort of a memory error )

I have attached the modified client and server files of the Array
(CPP:RPC) example with the WSDL. (The rest is the files as generated by
wsdl2ws)
The server does return all the values which is seen in the SOAP-RESPONSE.

The example works fine for all values when run under gdb.

I have also tried passing various values to setServerTimeout() and got
the same results.

Any pointers to why this is happening and how it can be solved?

Cheers
Krishna

Posted by krishna <kr...@lac.uic.edu>.
Hi Samisa/All

I am able to successfully run the samples which failed earlier.
Thanks for the help.

Cheers
Krishna

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.