Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Doug Whitfield <dw...@perforce.com> on 2022/06/22 20:05:27 UTC

Artemis 2.19.x development?

Has development on the 2.19.x branch stopped? I don’t see any work in the github 2.19 branch and there is nothing tagged in Jira for 2.19.

We have a customer with some clustering issues. We aren’t ready to file a bug, but it would be good to know if it is even worth the effort to do so. Also, we can start to set some expectations about them getting off of Java 8, despite the multiple years left of Java 8 support from OpenJDK.

Best Regards

Douglas Whitfield | Enterprise Architect

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.

Re: Artemis 2.19.x development?

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
At this point the 2.19.x branch is only for critical bug fixes or security
issues for folks stuck on Java 8. Generally speaking, we would just
cherry-pick the necessary fixes from main before cutting a release.
However, we don't have any releases planned for 2.19.x at this point due to
lack of demand. Much of a the Java world has moved (or is actively in the
process of moving) beyond Java 8. We encourage all our users to do the same
as eventually main will diverge enough from 2.19.x that cherry-picking will
become unfeasible.

Justin