Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rose, Bobby" <br...@med.wayne.edu> on 2005/03/15 20:14:11 UTC

URI Tests and Japanese Chars

I have a user that is of Japanese origin and who converses with other
individuals in Japan in his same field of study.  The messages they send
are in Japanese and trip the URI_SBL rule.  These people are in
different .jp domains and I really don't want to get into the
administrative overhead of whitelisting. I don't see anything in the
message bodies that even looks like a URI.  Has anyone else ran into
this?

Bobby Rose
Wayne State University School of Medicine

Re: URI Tests and Japanese Chars

Posted by alan premselaar <al...@12inch.com>.
Rose, Bobby wrote:
> I have a user that is of Japanese origin and who converses with other
> individuals in Japan in his same field of study.  The messages they send
> are in Japanese and trip the URI_SBL rule.  These people are in
> different .jp domains and I really don't want to get into the
> administrative overhead of whitelisting. I don't see anything in the
> message bodies that even looks like a URI.  Has anyone else ran into
> this?
>

> Bobby Rose
> Wayne State University School of Medicine

Bobby,

  That seems a little strange, especially if there are no URIs in the
mail.  I live in Japan and have mail servers local and state-side that
process Japanese email without this problem.

Can you provide more details about your setup/configuration and possibly
provide a sample email that triggers the rule?

alan