Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stéphane Jeanjean <st...@softeam.com> on 2009/06/08 16:23:37 UTC

OBR Deploy and failure

Hello,

I try to deploy a bundle using the OBR API by using the deploy() method.
When something is wrong with the dependencies the resolve() method
returns false, so I try to know what is the problem with
getUnsatisfiedRequirements() as I can see it in the sample here :
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html

But the toString() method is not overwritten in the Requirement class :(
How to know what is the problem ?

Another question is about the deploy() method, it seems that in the
RFC112, there is no parameter for this method. In the Felix
implementation there is a boolean. Is there any new spec or is this
specific to Felix ? So, if I use this API, later, will I be able to use
another implementation ?

Thanks,

Stéphane

Re: OBR Deploy and failure

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 6/8/09 10:23 AM, Stéphane Jeanjean wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to deploy a bundle using the OBR API by using the deploy() method.
> When something is wrong with the dependencies the resolve() method
> returns false, so I try to know what is the problem with
> getUnsatisfiedRequirements() as I can see it in the sample here :
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html
>
> But the toString() method is not overwritten in the Requirement class
> :( How to know what is the problem ?

Well, there are other methods on the Requirement class, so you could use
those. But it probably makes sense for it to override toString() too.

> Another question is about the deploy() method, it seems that in the
> RFC112, there is no parameter for this method. In the Felix
> implementation there is a boolean. Is there any new spec or is this
> specific to Felix ? So, if I use this API, later, will I be able to
> use another implementation ?

There is no spec for OBR, only an RFC. The RFC is starting to undergo
some changes and will likely change in the future. Until it is actually
a spec, there is no point in worrying too much about impl compatibility.

-> richard