Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by neal <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/18 03:09:44 UTC

request.getContextPath() not working when Tomcat/ Apache

We use request.getContextPath() in a few situations on a current project.
Using Standalone Tomcat we're fine to try to navigate to
"/project/servlet?cmd=abc" however Apache doesn't know what do do with this
url.  I presume that Apache would prefer an absolute path rather than one
relative to the tomcat virtual app.

Is there a configuration change that must be made or must we dig into the
code and change the URLS?

I mean, is there a way around this in Apache? Do we need to provide those
full absolute URLS or is there some way to configure Apache/Tomcat to know
about this context?

Thanks
Neal