Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/20 00:30:58 UTC

[Opinion] New Attribute on Tag

I'd like to add a new attribute to the <iterate> tag:
removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration (true|false).

The current removeFirstPrepend function on the <iterate> tag works correctly
in most cases (it removes the first prepend of any nested tag once for the
entire iterate loop).  I'm running into a situation with some new function
I'm adding to Abator where it would be good to have the removeFirstPrepend
work with every iteration in the iterate loop.  Hence the new proposed
attribute.

I would make it so that you could not specify both "removeFirstPrepend" and
"removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration".  This attribute would only apply to the
<iterate> tag (obviously).

I have some tests coded, and a simple implementation - so I know it will
work the way that I want it to.

Does anyone have a strong objection to this, or a suggestion for a better
name for the attribute?

Jeff Butler

Re: [Opinion] New Attribute on Tag

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Things are only confusing with bad documentation :-)

Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com> wrote: Interesting idea - I think I like it.  It would work for sure, but it would also make the removeFirstPrepend attribute on the iterate tag different from the removeFirstPrepend attribute on all other dynamic tags.  Would that be confusing?

 Jeff Butler

 On 6/19/06, Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:  The attribute is unnecessary. Just repurose removeFirstPreprend into a non-boolean value="true|false|iterate"

Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>  wrote:   I'd like to add a new attribute to the <iterate> tag: removeFirstPrependOnEachIteration (true|false).

Re: [Opinion] New Attribute on Tag