Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/29 18:17:44 UTC

Welcome Ishan Chattopadhyaya as Lucene/Solr committer

I'm pleased to announce that Ishan Chattopadhyaya has accepted the PMC's
invitation to become a committer.

Ishan, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
origin story, explaining how you arrived here.

Your handle "ishan" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
you now have commit privileges.

Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
bookmarklet
at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).

Congratulations and welcome!
--
- Mark
about.me/markrmiller

Re: Welcome Ishan Chattopadhyaya as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by "Ramkumar R. Aiyengar" <an...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ishan :)

--
Not sent from my iPhone or my Blackberry or anyone else's

Re: Welcome Ishan Chattopadhyaya as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Congratulations and welcome Ishan!

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Ishan!

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that Ishan Chattopadhyaya has accepted the PMC's
> invitation to become a committer.
>
> Ishan, it's tradition that you introduce yourself with a brief bio /
> origin story, explaining how you arrived here.
>
> Your handle "ishan" has already added to the “lucene" LDAP group, so
> you now have commit privileges.
>
> Please celebrate this rite of passage, and confirm that the right
> karma has in fact enabled, by embarking on the challenge of adding
> yourself to the committers section of the Who We Are page on the
> website: http://lucene.apache.org/whoweare.html (use the ASF CMS
> bookmarklet
> at the bottom of the page here: https://cms.apache.org/#bookmark -
> more info here http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html).
>
> Congratulations and welcome!
> --
> - Mark
> about.me/markrmiller

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Welcome Ishan Chattopadhyaya as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@vthacker.in>.
Congratulations and welcome Ishan!

Posted by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com>.
Congrats and welcome!

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Welcome Ishan!

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to everyone! I look forward to contributing to and popularising
Lucene and Solr!

Brief intro:
I started out with computers with a 80486 based 4MHz RAM machine, back in
early 90s. After college, I joined the MapQuest division of AOL and worked
on geographical search problems and built their single line search and
geocoding backend, using Lucene. Later, I joined Yahoo!'s search team
(vertical intent search, multimedia search) and worked on various search
problems there using their proprietary inverted index based search engine
(similar to Solr). After that experience, I joined Lucidworks and was at
the dev team that built Fusion and I currently work on contributing to Solr.

I started out contributing to Solr with SOLR-6797 and have David Smiley to
thank for getting my first change in. Since then, I've worked on building
the security frameworks, contributed to SolrCloud issues and currently
working on supporting in-place updates.

Besides work, I like playing and following chess (Kramnik, Karjakin are
favourites), passionate about OpenStreetMap and community mapping, and
interested in Rubik's cube, Raspberry Pi (and other SoC based computers),
quadcopters etc.

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Ishan!

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@rondhuit.com>.
Congrats and welcome, Ishan!

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Congrats and welcome, Ishan!

—-
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Christian Moen <cm...@atilika.com>.
Congratulations, Ishan!

Best,
Christian

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
Congrats ishan. Long overdue

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Congrats Ishan, and welcome!

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Welcome, Ishan!

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Welcome Ishan Chattopadhyaya as Lucene/Solr committer

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.