Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/06/21 14:58:09 UTC

my gpg key is dead

Hi gang!

The private part of the GPG key I've used to sign several avalon
releases (its in the KEYS file) is no more. One backup is on a hard disk
that now turns out to be dead. One is on an archive CD-rom which is also
dead. I destroyed the paper version several weeks ago in an attempt to
clean up my paperwork.

Which would all not be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that the
copy on my hard drive was just overridden when I entered the wrong unix
command and erased all directories starting with a '.' in my home directory.

It's still not a big problem. The private key has been positively
destroyed, but this does not invalidate the .asc files or the public
key. So I don't think anyone needs to do anything. This message is just
to be sure.

cheers,

- LSD