Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/22 17:54:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Why child process number over the ServerLimit?

Hi, All,
  We have an Apache-2.0.52 installed in our Solaris
2.8 host.  It's a HTTPS server.  the configuration is
as below:
==============================
<IfModule worker.c>
ServerLimit           22
StartServers          15
MaxClients           500
MinSpareThreads       25
MaxSpareThreads       20
ThreadsPerChild       25
MaxRequestsPerChild 3000
</IfModule>

The Max. # of processes is supposed to be
MaxClients/ThreadsPerChild = 500/25 = 20, and the
ServerLimit=22. However, we found the total processes
is 46. Some child processes hang there for 7 hours.
Can someone help me to understand why, and how do we
control the ServerLimit to what we want?

Thanks,
Q.Xie