Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> on 2006/10/03 20:39:11 UTC

[1.4] FCKEditor

If you create a new page, delete existing content, then insert a table
and hit save, an error is thrown that seems to indicate that the
resulting page is not validated against whatever it uses to validate
(DTD, Schema, RelaxNG, haven't looked). Anyone know how to get FCKEditor
completely working?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Renaud Richardet wrote:
> Doug Chestnut wrote:
>> you could change it there, or better yet
>> {yourpub}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng (copy file
>> from file you specified)
> Yes, copy
> lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng
>
> to {yourpub}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng
> and uncomment the necessary lines (strict and transitional are already
> there, commented out)
>
> -- Renaud

Thanks to both of you, that worked.

Doug, I did have to change another part of the XSLT you posted earlier
and I added one of my own. We have had it where images are off of the
body, and from what I've seen, that isn't legal. For completeness sake,
here are the additions to clean-xhtml.xsl.

<!-- remove invalid <br /> elements -->
<xsl:template match="xhtml:body/xhtml:br" />

<!-- remove that nasty @align that shows up in the table -->
<xsl:template match="xhtml:table[@align]" >
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="@*[name()!='align'][name()!='style']" />
    <xsl:attribute name="style">align:<xsl:value-of
select="@align"/>;<xsl:value
-of select="@style" /></xsl:attribute>
 <xsl:apply-templates />
 </xsl:copy>

</xsl:template>

<!-- wrap free images in paragraphs -->
<xsl:template match="xhtml:body/xhtml:img" >
  <xhtml:p>
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*" />
    </xsl:copy>
  </xhtml:p>
</xsl:template>

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@wyona.com>.
Doug Chestnut wrote:
> you could change it there, or better yet
> {yourpub}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng (copy file
> from file you specified)
Yes, copy
lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng
to {yourpub}/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng
and uncomment the necessary lines (strict and transitional are already
there, commented out)

-- Renaud

> --Doug
>
> Richard Frovarp wrote:
>>
>>> Or just use the xhtml.rng | xhtml-strict.rng which use the table
>>> module (at first glance appears to have the border attribute and
>>> others that the xhtml-basic.rng doesn't).
>>

>> Which file would I change this in?
>> lenya-1.4.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng?

Renaud Richardet
COO America
Wyona    -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya
office +1 857 776-3195                  mobile +1 617 230 9112
renaud.richardet <at> wyona.com           http://www.wyona.com

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Okay, I did that and was still getting errors about the br tag. Tracked
it down to a bug in Fckeditor.java. Posted bug and patch to bugzilla.
Now it throws all sorts of error about a variety of table properties,
but not br's or align. I may just turn validation off, unless you have a

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.
Doesn't work for me either :(

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
That's not working either.

I see the jtidy.properties file from the fckeditor module, is it being
used by default, or is something need to use jtidy?

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Re: [1.4] FCKEditor

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.

Doug Chestnut wrote:
> Whats the error?
>
> BXE is using relaxNG, should be the same as when it is saved (and
> validated again), although bxe uses a different validator than lenya
> server side.
>
> You might want to look at the clean-xhtml.xsl (or xhtml-clean.xsl)
> stylesheet to clean up bxe boo-boos.
>
> --Doug
>
> Richard Frovarp wrote:
>> If you create a new page, delete existing content, then insert a
>> table and hit save, an error is thrown that seems to indicate that
>> the resulting page is not validated against whatever it uses to
>> validate (DTD, Schema, RelaxNG, haven't looked). Anyone know how to
>> get FCKEditor completely working?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Richard

Richard Frovarp