Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/08 03:44:18 UTC

[math] Checkstyle, findbugs, javadoc errors

Quite a few errors have crept into the code, especially in trunk.
Lets all please review checkstyle, findbugs and javadoc warnings
before committing changes. That will make it much easier to prepare
releases. We can talk about loosening / eliminating checks if we
want to; but we should adhere to the ones we keep.

I don't want to sound too whiny here - I make my share of mistakes
and I am sure that I will make plenty more.  It just avoids really,
really boring cleanup work in the runup to a release if we try to
keep the code clean as we commit it.  Thanks in advance!

Phil

Re: [math] Checkstyle, findbugs, javadoc errors

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 08/09/2010 11:11, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
>>> Quite a few errors have crept into the code, especially in trunk. Lets
>>> all please review checkstyle, findbugs and javadoc warnings before
>>> committing changes. That will make it much easier to prepare releases.
>>> We can talk about loosening / eliminating checks if we want to; but we
>>> should adhere to the ones we keep.
>>>
>>> I don't want to sound too whiny here - I make my share of mistakes and I
>>> am sure that I will make plenty more.  It just avoids really, really
>>> boring cleanup work in the runup to a release if we try to keep the code
>>> clean as we commit it.  Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Strong +1 here.
>
> In case you were referring to the multiple instances of the same Javadoc
> error which I introduced, please note that I signalled the problem in the
> MATH-413 issue (point 14). I'd be happy to know the workaround (short of
> suppressing the @link).

Not only this issue.
I juste regenerated ce checkstyle report using

  LANG=C MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx1024m mvn clean site

There are 65 checkstyle errors in trunk (6 in branch 2.X) and 5 Findbugs
errors in trunk (3 in branch 2.X).

3 of the findbugs errors are from FastMath, I'll check them. Many of the
other errors come from optimization or exception changes.

Luc

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.