Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by credible58 <pa...@advance7.com> on 2011/03/29 19:40:52 UTC

Latency figure appears in elapsed column in CSV results file

Hi,

I'm running a Test Plan that is all based on the TCP Sampler.  I have added
the View Results in Table listener to the plan and configured it to write
the results to a file.  The config looks like this:

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4269776/vrt_config.gif

The listener window output looks good:

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4269776/vrt_shot.gif

But when I open the CSV in Excel things are strange:

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4269776/results_shot.gif

The latency figure is under the "elapsed" heading, all values under
"latency" are zero but changes to 1 if there is a "failureMessage", the
"SampleCount" is always 1 and the "IdleTime" is always blank.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks and regards...Paul

Environment is:

Windows 7 Professional - 32 bit
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
JMeter 2.4 r961953

-----
Paul Offord
Advance7

Re: Latency figure appears in elapsed column in CSV results file

Posted by credible58 <pa...@advance7.com>.
Sebb,

Actually, ignore the last post.  Of course elapsed is what I need.

Cheers...Paul

-----

Posted by credible58 <pa...@advance7.com>.
Sebb,

Thanks for the quick response.

So does that mean I can't record a Sample Time figure (or something similar)
from the TCP Sampler - even though it shows it in the View Results in Table
window?

Best regards...Paul

-----

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29 March 2011 18:40, credible58 <pa...@advance7.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running a Test Plan that is all based on the TCP Sampler.

Not all samplers support latency. TCP sampler doesn't.

> I have added
> the View Results in Table listener to the plan and configured it to write
> the results to a file.  The config looks like this:
>
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4269776/vrt_config.gif
>
> The listener window output looks good:
>
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4269776/vrt_shot.gif
>
> But when I open the CSV in Excel things are strange:
>
> http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4269776/results_shot.gif
>
> The latency figure is under the "elapsed" heading, all values under

No, that is the elapsed time.

> "latency" are zero

as expected

> but changes to 1 if there is a "failureMessage", the

That does not show in the screenshot, but does sound like a bug.

> "SampleCount" is always 1 and the "IdleTime" is always blank.

That is to be expected.