Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/31 20:55:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.0.3 (rc1)

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Storm 1.0.3 (rc1)

Full list of changes in this release:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=tree;h=6cb735d18ec11eccd3e80bab8f879c989a9b3967;hb=a81ec2580fce1f2ee6349a9028dcb75763798bec

The tag/commit to be voted upon is v1.0.3:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.md;h=b8adddc6aa20107288e59cba6a2976c0951742fb;hb=a81ec2580fce1f2ee6349a9028dcb75763798bec

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-1.0.3-rc1/apache-storm-1.0.3-src.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/storm/apache-storm-1.0.3-rc1/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=storm.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;hb=22b832708295fa2c15c4f3c70ac0d2bc6fded4bd

The Nexus staging repository for this release is:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestorm-1043

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Storm 1.0.3.

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Storm 1.0.3
[ ]  0 No opinion

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

-Taylor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.0.3 (rc1)

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 to cancel this RC, port back issues Jungtaek listed, and open RC2 ASAP.

- Xin

Posted by Tibor Kiss <tk...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for your answers, Taylor & Jungtaek.

I believe documenting the worker-launcher's build process is a feasible thing to do.
In a long run we could side step the OS specific builds with two static binaries:
for x86 & x64.

Thanks,
Tibor

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tibor,

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 1.0.3 (rc1)

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
FYI: I just handled backporting all listed, so just reverting release and
rerunning release would be fine to go ahead RC2.

2017년 2월 7일 (화) 오전 3:36, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <st...@harsha.io>.
+1
Tested in 3 node vagant cluster and ran few example topologies. Looks good
and verified the signature of artifacts.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

On Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 2:58:44 AM CST, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:FYI: both issues are filed to STORM-2335

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Ran on a 3-node cluster and verified several bug fixes.

Posted by Kishorkumar Patil <kp...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1 I ran some sample tests. LGTM.
-Kishor

    On Saturday, February 4, 2017 12:15 PM, Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello again,

I confirm +1 (non binding), with the following setup (modifed yesterday to
use Kafka Brokers 0.10.1 instead of Kafka Brokers 0.9.2 after good behavior
observed with my previously reported setup):

Using storm 1.0.3rc1 binaries artifacts, I installed our supervision system
(currently made of 11 topologies), with java 8 update 92 on CentOS 6.5 ;
with a cluster type of install (2 big VMs with Supervisors, another VM with
Nimbus, and other VMs for Zookeeper nodes) and connected KafkaSpouts &
KafkaBolts to a Kafka 0.10.1 cluster.

Please note that I have built our topologies with Kafka 0.9.2 libs ; and I
am not yet using the new Storm Kafka client.

Best regards,
Alexandre

Posted by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

Posted by Hugo Da Cruz Louro <hl...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non binding)
- unzipped .zip sources and binaries
- mvn clean install in unzipped sources
- created uber jar for storm-solr and storm-kafka-client
- tested storm-solr and storm-kafka-client in local cluster mode and remode cluster mode

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1