Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bijeet singh <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/11 09:13:10 UTC

Problem instantiating CommonsHttpSolrServer using solrj

Hi all,

I'm trying to use solrj for indexing in solr, but when I try to instantiate
the server, using :

SolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer("http://localhost:8080/solr");

 I get the following runtime error:

org/apache/solr/client/solrj/SolrServerException
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException

I am following the this link :  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj   ,and
have included all the jar files specified there, in the classpath.

Do help me out with this, thanks in advance

Bijeet

Re: Problem instantiating CommonsHttpSolrServer using solrj

Posted by Patrick Archibald <pa...@gmail.com>.
I went through jar hell yesterday. I finally got Solrj working.
http://jarfinder.com was a big help.

Rock on, PLA

Patrick L Archibald
http://patrickarchibald.com