Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/30 12:59:27 UTC

How to apply watermark on datastream and then do join operation on it

Hi all,

I am new to flink, i written a small flink streaming program which take two
inputs from kafka and put it to two different data streams. i wanted to
apply watermarks on it and then i wanted to join both datastream.

For reference i have attached an image.

Re: How to apply watermark on datastream and then do join operation on it

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Welcome to the mailing list.

What exactly is your problem? Do you receive an error message? Is the
program not compiling? Do you receive no output?
Regardless of that, I would recommend to provide the timestamp extractors
to the Kafka source functions.
Also, I would have a close look at the window join semantics and validate
that it provides the semantics that you need.
The interval join is an alternative that should be applicable to more use
cases.

Best, Fabian