Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by AM...@aol.com on 2002/07/21 19:03:50 UTC

Which is the best Tomcat? + other issues

Hi

I have updated Tomcat to 4.04 and i downloaded the exe windows NT
installation so tomcat runs as a service. I have noticed that i cannot
stop/start tomcat through the start/programs/tomcat start OR stop. I can only
stop or start tomcat through start/control panel/services by stopping or
starting the service.

Second observation when I start or stop tomcat it seems to be quite slow and
also when I change a JavaBean. I did not get this on Tomcat 3.2.1

Thirdly my web pages retrieve information from databases after 3 weeks of
running Tomcat 4.04 the pages no longer retrieve the latest data from the
databases. I have cleared my logs and restarted Tomcat but no luck.

Any ideas most welcomed

One last question which is the best Tomcat to run version 3 version 4 (as a
service? yes/no).

Apache 1.3.20 (Linux) + mod_jk + Tomcat 4.04 (windows NT)

Regards
Amran