Posted to user@spark.apache.org by kmurph <k....@qub.ac.uk> on 2014/12/15 16:55:25 UTC

Re: Pagerank implementation

Hiya,

I too am looking for a PageRank solution in GraphX where the probabilities
sum to 1.
I tried a few modifications, including division by the total number of
vertices in the first part of the equation, as well as trying to return full
rank instead of delta (though not correctly as evident from exception at
runtime).

Tom did you manage to make a version which sums to 1 ?  Could you possibly
divulge the changes if so ?

Also, I'm interested to know if the algorithm handles the case where there
are no outgoing links from a node ?  Does it avoid unfairness with sinks ?
I'm new to Scala (and spark).  Had a look at the code and don't see that it
is, but could be missing something,

Thanks

Karen