Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es> on 2001/04/04 16:58:12 UTC

Re: Can a servlet call another servlet to receive it's XML data in order to sent it to XSLT processor?

At 04:13 PM 4/4/2001, you wrote:
(Not really a Tomcat question, but...)

>ie I would like the browser to call a JSP or another Servlet program to
>receive the paramters from the browser, call the XMLservlet with these
>parameters, receive the xmldata from the XMLServlet and parse it to the
>Xalan parsers for processing with the appropriate style sheet and then
>return the HTML result to the client browser.

In the servlet doPost/Get/service method:
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(my_jsp_URL_as_String).forward(request,
response);

In the JSP, you have various options, but to start with I'd suggest
checking out the xml tags at jakarta.apache.org, although I must confess I
didn't manage to get them to work the last time I downloaded them. (That
could be because of a classpath problem - I'm not entirely sure which
version of xalan and xerces I have and where...)

A quick search at java.sun.com for xml/jsp will also throw up some stuff.

HTH,
Jim

--