Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "g.nunesrodrigues@cs.ucl.ac.uk" <g....@cs.ucl.ac.uk> on 2004/03/05 00:10:20 UTC

converting string to integer

Hello,

I've just started my first steps on Velocity and I've been looking for the
answer for a very elementary question: how to convert a string into an
integer type using Velocity directives. Sorry for the wide circulation for
this, but I haven't found it in the User Guide.

Many thanks,
Genaína.

Genaína Nunes Rodrigues
PhD Student in Computer Science - UCL, UK
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/g.nunesrodrigues/

Re: converting string to integer

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@alaska.net>.
Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com> wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2004, at 6:10 PM, g.nunesrodrigues@cs.ucl.ac.uk wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've just started my first steps on Velocity and I've been looking for
> > the
> > answer for a very elementary question: how to convert a string into an
> > integer type using Velocity directives. Sorry for the wide circulation
> > for
> > this, but I haven't found it in the User Guide.
>
> There is no built in way, but using a tool in your context you can do
> things like this.
>
> See the velocity-tools project for code that does this.

Yeah, the NumberFormat tool's toNumber() method will do this for you.

Re: converting string to integer

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
On Mar 4, 2004, at 6:10 PM, g.nunesrodrigues@cs.ucl.ac.uk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just started my first steps on Velocity and I've been looking for
> the
> answer for a very elementary question: how to convert a string into an
> integer type using Velocity directives. Sorry for the wide circulation
> for
> this, but I haven't found it in the User Guide.

There is no built in way, but using a tool in your context you can do
things like this.

See the velocity-tools project for code that does this.

geir

geir@4quarters.com